The “Haus zum Rüden” [house of the hound] was built in 1348. An association of noblemen built a tavern in which the Council occasionally met with approximately two hundred members between 1348 and 1400. The impressive feature of this tavern is the magnificent, eleven-meter-wide curved wooden ceiling with the carved timber heads, which is today the “Gothic Room” Restaurant.  The «Haus zum Rüden» is situated in the heart of the old town close to Bahnhofstrasse and Paradeplatz and has a beautiful view of the Limmat river.

  • When: 14.06.2022, Evening
  • Telephone:  +41 44 261 9566
  • E-Mail
  • Homepage:
  • Location: Limmatquai 42, 8001 Zürich
  • Connection:
    • Public Transfer: Tram 4 or 15, to “Rathaus” or “Helmhaus”.
    • Parking: Parking garage in the close proximity: “Hohe Promenade” and “Urania”